Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Armenia - St. Echmiadzin Cathedral

On the third day of the tour, our first stop was St. Echmiadzin Cathedral, the holiest religious site in Armenia.  I've heard about it for so long, I was excited to finally see it in person.  I was surprised to find the main cathedral and two other churches in a very large complex, with beautiful gardens.






 







I went inside to light some candles for all my members of family said a quick prayer.  Although I've refrained from drinking the water from fountains, this is the only place where where I took a sip.





I also took the opportunity in this wonderful setting to practice taking some photos however, the time of day wasn't so right for the light.














I wish we had more time there to set around and really take in this beautiful church and it's surroundings...

No comments: